The Rhode Island Wedding Group Code of Ethics
1. Maintain the highest levels of ethics within their professions and strive for excellence in all aspects of their professions while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
2. Maintain the required insurance coverage for all areas of business conducted and use industry standards for all contracts and activities.
3. Ensure that the public is protected against fraudulent practices and promote only practices that bring credit and respect to the RIWG.
4. Display a positive and supportive attitude with RIWG members. Strive to increase professional growth, knowledge and to increase personal contributions of expertise within the RIWG. Provide only the highest level of service and quality.
5. Uphold the RIWG Code of Ethics and adhere to the RIWG bylaws and policies.
6. Provide the quality of services at the prices quoted, build goodwill and trust among RIWG members and their referrals and take responsibility for following up on referrals in a timely manner.
7. Pass a request for services or other inquiry on to another qualified member of the RIWG if the member initially contacted cannot provide the services requested.
8. Not attempt to induce a customer to cancel a contract with another provider of the same product or service through slander or by offering monetary compensation.
9. Foster relationships with other industry professionals and not discriminate.